Senior Construction Estimator (Louisville, KY)
compensation: Competitive salary and benefit package based on experience and qualifications.
employment type: full-time
Construction Estimator (Louisville, KY)
Churchill McGee, LLC, an established general contractor in Louisville, KY specializing in commercial tenant fit-up and historical remodeling, has an immediate opening for a Senior Construction Estimator with a strong background in construction.
The Senior Construction Estimator will prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications and relate documents. It will also include identifying labor, material and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents as well as computing costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
We are looking for a self-motivated, detail oriented, hardworking team player that wants to establish a long-term relationship with a lot of growth opportunity.
- Ten years industry experience
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in business or construction management
- Understanding of blueprints and writing proposals
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with
architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines
- Handle, review, and approve all submittals
- Complete the buy-out process for projects
- Work in the field when needed and where possible
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, communication, collaboration, and building
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news
- Understanding of how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor